Pears Wrapped With Prosciutto, Served With Parmesan Wafers
Preparation 15 minutes | Cooking 8 minutes | Serves 4
- 4 Williams pears
- 150g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Non-stick baking paper
- 300g finely sliced Prosciutto
- 75g baby rocket leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Parmesan wafers:
Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Take spoonfuls of parmesan (3 teaspoons in each) and sprinkle into 12 rounds on the non-stick baking paper, allowing a gap of 3cms between each round.
Place the baking trays in the oven and cook the Parmesan for 7 – 8 minutes or until spread and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
For the Pears:1. Quarter the pears and remove the cores, cut the quarters in half. Wrap each piece of pear in a slice of Prosciutto, cutting the slices in half if they are large. Arrange on serving plates, with some wafers and a handful of rocket leaves.
2. Drizzle the oil over the Prosciutto wrapped pears and grind over fresh black pepper. Serve immediately.
- If you would like to make the pears in advance, brush the cut edges with lemon juice. Store the Parmesan wafers in an airtight container if making in advance.