French Potato Salad
Ready in 35 minutes | Serves 6
- 1 kg mix of potatoes such royal blue and another salad potato eg dutch cream, kipfler or cocktail
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade of basil
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in the potatoes and cook partially covered for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
Meanwhile combine the vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Slowly pour the olive oil in a continuous stream while whisking to make an emulsion.
Drain the potatoes in a colander and let rest until they are just cool enough to handle, make sure they are still warm otherwise they won’t absorb the dressing.
Cut the potatoes into approximately equal sizes either half or quarters and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the wine and as much dressing as you need and toss the potatoes gently.
Add the herbs and shallots and mix. Season to taste with extra salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Wiffens.