Black Cherry & Hazelnut Rum Balls
Serves 4 | Complexity: Easy
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 40ml rum
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup powdered drinking chocolate
- 200g milk cooking chocolate, melted (over double boiler)
- 1/2 cup tinned black cherries and some of the tinned syrup
- 1 cup chocolate flecks (to coat)
- 1 cup moist coconut flakes (to coat)
- 200g dark cooking chocolates (to coat)
Add the drinking chocolate and now empty these dry ingredients into a bowl with the melted milk chocolate and rum. Mix together with your hands until mixture is combined. If it feels dry, add a tiny splash of the cherry syrup and combine.
Place a small amount of the mixture into your hands, place a cherry on top, add more of the mixture on top and roll into balls.
Over a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. Roll each of the rum balls into the melted dark chocolate to coat.
Roll half of the rum balls through the chocolate flecks and the other half through the moist coconut flakes.
Refrigerate for approx. 30 minutes.